Bon lundi à tous !
Welcome to our Daily Dose of Positivity!
Today, let's celebrate personal improvement and accomplishments :)
- Let's discover the inspiring interview given by French Guianese female politician Christiane Taubira as she was in Singapore to celebrate the week of Francophonie:
And as a bonus, not one, but two sentences from this article linked to our related French lessons:
Je pense que j’ai une dette envers les générations, j’ai le souci de l’exemplarité, l’obligation de la clarté dans l’expression, la constance dans les engagements. J’entretiens cela en moi avec constamment la conscience que ce que je renvoie aux jeunes générations doit être très lisible.
I think I have a debt towards generations, I care about exemplarity, one's duty of clarity when expressing oneself , consistency with one's commitments. I keep this up within me with the constant awareness that what I show to young generations must be very accessible.
- Penser que, croire que = To think that, to believe that
- Conjugate avoir in Le Présent (present tense)
- Using le, la, l', les before nouns when generalising (definite articles)
- Conjugate venir, tenir and derivatives in Le Présent (present tense)
- Ça = that, this, it (pronoun)
- Forming adverbs from adjectives ending in -ant and -ent
- Ce que (vs ce qui) = what, which (relative pronouns)
- Conjugate semi-regular -oyer, -ayer, -uyer verbs in Le Présent (present tense)
- Conjugate devoir in Le Présent (present tense)
Want to really focus on a particular topic that you just can’t get the hang of? Try Notebooks. They let you bookmark specific topics and kwiz against them so you can refer back to them whenever you want. Teachers can also share them with their Studygroup as "homework" or groups can use them informally to work together.
Pro Tips to get the most out of Notebooks:
- Keep your notebooks focused.
- Use the "notes" section
- Remove items once they're not in use
Have you got a tip to share?
Ce n'est qu'un au revoir !
Summer is just round the corner and lockdowns are easing around the world, so it's almost time to say farewell to the Daily Dose of Positivity. We are still here for you, but we'll be more focused on the amazing Kwiziq French content you enjoy!
We'll be continuing until Friday 19th June, with more tips to keep you busy with all the Kwiziq French features and tools. We know from your great and inspiring feedback that you've enjoyed these daily doses of sunshine, and we'd love to hear if there was anything in particular that you really enjoyed or looked forward to; please let us know in the comment area below!
Merci d'avance et à très vite !
Have an inspiring Monday!
Prenez soin de vous et à demain !