Learning a language is more than just memorizing grammar and vocabulary; it’s also about culture, and an excellent way to learn about another culture is by keeping up with current events. Here are some French news sources to help you get informed.
French newspapers and magazines
- Les Échos – economics and finance news
- L’Équipe– all about sports
- Le Figaro – popular right-wing newspaper
- Libération – left-leaning newspaper
- Le Monde – perhaps the best-known French newspaper
- Le Parisien – general interest with a focus on Paris
- Paris-Match – celebrity news
- Journal en français facile is a 10-minute news summary every day at 8pm GMT and streamable any time after that.
- News in Slow French – articles read slowly for learners
- Europe1 covers news from France, Europe, and the world.
- France Info offers news, history, culture, and more.
- France Inter provides news and features on a wide variety of topics.
- RFI – Radio France International offers news and music from all over the world.
- More French radio stations
- Le Bar de l’Europe – Informal discussions about European news
- Demain à la une – Discussions about what will be in the news in the coming week
- Le Grand Journal – News and talk show that airs every weeknight
- Les Guignols de l’info – Satirical puppet news show
- Télématin – Early morning news and culture
- More French TV stations