Youpi ! C'est vendredi !
Welcome to our Daily Dose of Positivity!
Today, to celebrate the end of the week, let's travel through different ages of the most poetic and vibrant quartier de Paris, Montmartre.
- As it's Friday, we'd like to offer a Dictation exercise to everybody, for free. This week, follow Léa on our walk through the Montmartre of "Amélie" (Le Fabuleux Destin d'Amélie Poulain):
(These Dictations, along with our Writing Challenges, are part of our Weekend Workout sent every Friday to our Premium subscribers. If you've never tried one of these, you're in for a treat! You can find more here.)
- Among the most eerie consequences of the Paris lockdown, two Montmartre streets got stuck back in 1942 as a movie shoot had to be suspended abruptly. Have a look at this French article about the extraordinary situation, as well as its fascinating pictures:
And as a bonus, here's a sentence from this article linked to our related French lessons:
Dans un Paris quasi-désert, des silhouettes masquées se faufilent dans ce décor d'un autre temps.
In an almost deserted Paris, masked silhouettes thread their way through this set from another time.
- Using dans, sur, sous, devant, derrière, entre to say in, on top of, under, in front of, behind, between (prepositions)
- Conjugate reflexive verbs in Le Présent (present tense)
- Conjugate regular -er verbs in Le Présent (present tense)
- Ce/cet/cette and ces = this/that and these/those (demonstrative adjectives)
Have a lovely Friday!
Prenez soin de vous et à demain !