Vive le weekend !
Welcome to our Daily Dose of Positivity!
Today, let's have some fun with an internationally beloved character, with his iconic striped shirt, wooly hat and round glasses... Eh oui, c'est Charlie !
(Yes, Waldo/Wally is called Charlie in French... My guess here is that Waldo and Wally don't exist at all in France, whereas Charlie is a more recognisable Anglophone name - Charlie Chaplin, ...)
- So let's start our fun day with a classic game of Où est Charlie ? in this Fill-in-the-Blanks kwiz exercise about prepositions of location, of course!
- Our beloved explorer has not escaped the current trend of "coronavirus makeover" :) Have a look at this "special edition" of Où est Charlie ? which, let's be fair, is considerably reducing the challenge ;)
- And finally, a French expression which could definitely be handy while looking for our bespectacled friend:
- donner sa langue au chat
(to give up [at finding an answer] - lit. to give one's tongue to the cat)
- Tu as trouvé la réponse ? - Non, j'ai donné ma langue au chat.
- Did you find the answer? - No, I gave up.
Have a fun Saturday!
Prenez soin de vous et à demain !