100 questions • 22,927 answers • 631,206 users
I did a quiz and got this question: "Which of the following adjectives are correctly placed?"un extrêmement vieux parchemin
I selected the answer above but it said it was incorrect. I thought if the adverb was 2+ syllables, then vieux would follow after. Can someone explain?
No question mark (puzzled) had there been a question mark, I wouldn't have interpreted the statement as a command
The sentence to be translated - You could come with Alice and me if you want.
The correct response - Tu peux venir avec Alice et moi si tu veux.
What is the rule here regarding present tense vs conditional?
What does valeurs sûres refer to?
Got the concept, but would like a list of numbers ☺️
I have just answered the question below incorrectly. My understanding was that the second part of the statement was conditional present but your answer below shows (I think) the imparfait of venir? What am I not getting?
Why isn't 'attentif' not acceptable as well as 'attentionné' in the sentence: "Il est très attentionné..."?
Are these correct?
1. J'étais née le lundi 26 mars 1983.
2. J'étais née lundi. (I was born on Monday) ...talking about a specific context / specific thing that happened on that day, so no "le" used?
3. La réunion est le mercredi 14 avril à 8h.
4. La réunion est mercredi. (The meeting is on Wednesday) .....talking about a specific context / specific thing that will happen on that day, so no "le" used?
1) Je vais au cinéma le weekend? (I go to the cinema on weekends) .....is correct?
2) Le weekend, j'aime faire la fête. (On weekends, I like to party) .....is correct?
3) C'est lundi.... ou.... C'est le lundi? (It is Monday)